Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WHAT´S THE MAGIC WORD?

Passwords.

You`re supposed to pick ones that will be easy to remember.

OK.

But I´m not supposed to use the same password for all of my accounts. Supposedly, if I did this, then if a hacker hacked into one of my accounts, he would have access to all of my accounts. And then, he would have access to all of my information out there in the vastness of the Internet.

OK.

So when I started my blog, I chose a password that I could easily remember.

Not!

Because now, sitting in Cancun and wanting to post to my blog, I can´t for the life of me remember what it is. I mean, I have the basic part of the password, but can´t remember which part of the password is capitalized. And believe me, I´ve tried dozens and dozens of variations. And are there numbers? Spaces? Symbols? I don´t remember there being any. But then I don´t remember my password, so obviously, I can´t count on my memory for remembering that.

So, would a hacker be able to come up with the right configuration for my password even when I can´t?

And if so, where can I find a hacker? I´d pay him. Big bucks! Because I want to blog and I . . .

WAIT!

I just thought of something.

There´s someone even more valuable than a hacker!

My best friend!

Yes! She´s got a key to my apartment. She can find my little black book that I keep all of my passwords in. She can find my password for my blog. And then she can an email it to me.

Thank heavens I remember where the little black book is.

Thank heavens I can remember the password to my email account.

And thank heavens for my best friend.

Always, Em-Musing

No comments: