Friday, November 27, 2009

NOT SO FAST

OK . . . drum roll . . .
NOW!
Now that Thanksgiving is over . . .
Now is when I’ll listen to Christmas songs on the radio.
Now is when I’ll pay attention to Christmas TV commercials.
Now is when I’ll look at Christmas cards to buy.
Now is when I’ll look at Christmas decorations to buy.
Now is when I’ll think about shopping for Christmas gifts.
So, sorry all you slick advertising people who thought you were going to woo me into Christmas shopping early.
HA!
It didn’t work!
If you thought you were going to get me excited about Christmas shopping just as soon as you put away the Halloween stuff you were wrong.
Each holiday deserves its own time.
And shouldn’t be rushed.
And after Halloween comes Thanksgiving.
And I love Thanksgiving.
I wanted to relish Thanksgiving.
So . . .
Now that Thanksgiving is over . . .
OMG!
I have to buy and send out Christmas cards!
I have to buy Christmas presents! And wrap them!
I  have to bake Christmas cookies!
OMG! OMG!
I still have to do . . .
Everything . . .
NOW!
Always, Em-Musing


I swear! Next year I'm going to start earlier!
Twenty-six days and counting!
I can't stand the pressure!
AHH!

No comments: