Friday, December 18, 2009

PRESENTS OF MIND

OMG! 
Yesterday I was Googling my blog to see where it came up and  . . .
I saw that an agent had Googled it too!
Wow!
Merry Christmas to me!
Even if this agent didn’t want me as a client . . .
They at least Googled my blog.
So of course I checked to see who the agent was who Googled me.
Agent, Pulsa Termurah
Huh. Never heard of her.
Or is it a him?
And then there was this:
Agent pulsa menyediakan bermacam produk pulsa murah yang bisa langsung Anda nikmati sendiri atau untuk dijual ke konsumen. Produk-produk tersebut bisa Anda dapatkan dengan harga yang sangat murah. Berikut ini adalah daftar produk yang tersedia di tempat kami:

Huh? 
What were they saying to me?
And what language is it?
Hmm?
Strange that an agent would contact me in a foreign language.
I then exited out. Thankfully, there was a link that said “translate.”
And so I hit the link and—voila!
The text instantly translated to English.
Huh?
It was an Indonesian site.
Do they have literary agents in Indonesia?
Well, OK . . .
I really wanted a New York agent. . .
Or at least one in the U.S. . . .
Or even one in Europe . . .
But if an Indonesian agent was interested in me then . . .
Wait a minute . . .
Aw!
Not literary agent.
A selling agent.
They want me to sell some of their products!
Oh, well . . .
LOL!
It still felt great for a few minutes to feel the excitement of what it would be like getting contacted by an agent.
But then just this morning . . .
A strange thing happened.
I Googled my blog’s name again to find this “agent” again . . .
And it wasn’t there.
But what I found instead was a writer site that sounded intriguing.
It gives you tips on how to promote your blog on the Internet.
Here’s the link:  http://www.nettiehartsock.com/
I’m going to have to spend some time with that site and a good cup of coffee.
And then there was a link to the Erma Bombeck Writers Workshop in Dayton in 2010.
All of a sudden, it felt like fireworks went off in my brain! (hope it wasn't a stroke)
My 2010 goal was to go to writer conferences and “pitch” How Em Found Her Cha Ch to literary agents.
And I still will.
But something resonated with me about this workshop. It's geared for writing humor.
And so I registered for it!
I’m so excited!
Not only am I going (there was chance registration was already closed) . . .
But by registering . . .
I’ve already begun working on my writing goals for 2010!
And so . . .
Merry Christmas to me!
Again!
And this time
For real!

Always, Em-Musing

No comments: