Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A TISSUE FOR YOUR THOUGHTS

With a needle of Novocain stuck in my gums . . .
I felt a runaway sneeze . . .
Building momentum.
I was sitting in the dentist’s chair about to get my new crown on . . .
And I just knew that my nose, throat and mouth were going to BLOW . . .
With the sneeze that’s been in limbo for days.
It took all my powers of concentration . . .
And a few quick prayers . . .
To try to squelch the sneeze!
But the pressure was building . . .
My eyes were watering . . .
My nose was dripping . . .
I just new that . . .
“Are you alright?” the dentist asked with her hand in my mouth.
“Ahgshhynghkhmseeghz.”
Translation: I think I’m going to sneeze!
“Just hold still for a few seconds while the needle is in you.”
Hmm? I've always wondered if dentists really can understand the "hand in your mouth" language.
Tick
Tock
Tick
Tock
Dear LORD!
The sneeze was fast appoaching!
If I sneezed now would the needle jam down to the bone?
Would it break off in my gums?
Fly down my throat?
“There, all done," she said taking her hand out of my mouth."You should start to feel numb in a few minutes.
"And here's some tissues for you,” she said on her way out.
Just then my nose crinkled . . .
My mouth gaped and . . .
AH CHOOOOO!"
Finally!
My sneeze!
And . . .
The answer every dental patient wants to know . . .
Yes, dentists really do understand the "hands in your mouth" language.
Always, Em-Musing 

No comments: