Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A DATE WITH A SHAKE or A SHAKE WITH A DATE

What does it mean when you hear or read an uncommon word or term…
Twice on the same day
By different people?
Well that happened this past Sunday.
The first time was Sunday morning on Facebook.
One of  “my friends” on Facebook went to Palm Desert California…
And mentioned having a date shake.
Date shake?
OMG!
I haven’t thought about date shakes since the late ‘60’s…
When I was eighteen and went to visit my sister in California.
After commenting that I love date shakes…
Memories of my visit to California in the ‘60’s came to mind.
Love-ins at Griffith Park…
Eating refried beans for the first time at Disneyland…
Buying a turquoise ring at the Farmer’s Market in LA…
Venice Beach…
And going to the Mojave desert looking for rattlesnakes with my sister and her husband who was curator of reptiles of the LA Zoo at that time.
And while in the Mojave desert…
I had my first date shake.
Then later, Sunday night …
Sally Field and Patricia Wettig both said…
And had…
A date shake…
On an episode of BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
Isn’t that odd?
Well, I think it is.
Of course it doesn’t mean anything.
Why would it?
But I still think it’s strange none-the-less.
And it makes me really, really, really want…
A date shake.
Guess I could make one
But eh, it wouldn't be the same as being in the desert having one.
Hmm?
Anyone besides me and NOT from California
Ever had a date shake?

Always, Em-Musing

No comments: