Friday, April 23, 2010

TRANSCENDENTAL MEDIATION

It’s why you should never write on your laptop in the dark…
While your fingers aren’t quite awake.
The light emanating from my laptop made my office look dreamy…
Coupled with the New Age music playing from AOL radio…
I thought in this altered atmosphere…
My writing might transcend…
To where, I’m not sure…
But I thought it’d be fun to try.
Not!
Because my fingers are obviously clueless in the dark!
And whatever keys they hit…
Automatically slammed my W.I.P.…
With this symbol.
Everywhere!
And on every document in Word!
So I scrutinized all the function keys…
Surely the was there and I’d just hit it again
And then the friggin’ symbol would be gone!
Not!
So I had to Google Word.
After five minutes, I finally found the right tutorial…
That prompted me to go the Tool menu…
Then scroll down to Options…
Then down to Formatting Marks…
Then select All.
Are you kidding me?
Really?
My fingers did all this in the dark?
I don’t think so.
I swear! It’s those computer imps again!
But seriously…
Options?
I had no idea Word has that many options in their Options.
I’m too busy now…
But one day…
When I have nothing to do (yeah, right!)…
I’m going to put on AOL's New Age radio station…
Turn the lights way up…
Learn all the Options and features of the software program…
That I’ve been using for over the past decade…
And transcend my ignorance.

Always, Em-Musing








No comments: