Friday, May 28, 2010

WAIT A MINUTIA

Details!
The bane of writers.
Making sure everything is correct.
Otherwise your editor will really let you have i!.
That’s why it’s hard to sit through a movie…
And not notice details.
This week I saw both Robin Hood and Sex in the City 2.
Enjoyed Robin Hood.
Loved Sex in the City2!
What can I say?
I’m a Sex in the City kind of gal.
But in both movies…
There were things that made me go, hmm?
Like continuity issues in Robin Hood…
Now you see curls in King Richard The Lionheart’s hair…
Now you don’t.
Now the trees have leaves…
Now they don't.
And then in Sex in the City 2
I got caught in the glam details…
The clothes…
The sets and location…
And whose forehead had the most Botox.
But mostly I got caught up in the camera lens.
In both movies everyone looked like stick people.
Even the horses.
Why I don’t know if the huts in Robin Hood were made of wattle and daub…
I do know the size of Carrie’s calves.
And yes, Sarah Jessica Parker has thin calves…
But not that thin.
(Hey! Can someone use that lens on me?)
Ah,
I often long for times past…
When I could go to a movie…
Transcend reality for a couple of hours…
And not get caught up in minutia.

Always, Em-Musing

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Sometimes it's hard to turn off that observant writer's eye! We're always looking, researching, gathering life experiences to bring back to the page.

Tana said...

LOVED your writerly musing!!! Nice to know you!