Wednesday, August 11, 2010

EGG FRITTER

Yesterday
I tried the egg timer trick…
To organize my time…
And to see how productive I can be
On a project I'm working on that needs to get out.
I set the timer for fifteen minutes.
Cripes!
I can hardly sit still for that length of time…
Without my mind wondering.
AACCKK!
AADD…
At it’s worst!
I thought a vacation…
In a cabin far away…
With no phones…
No Internet…
No TV…
Just my W.I.P.
And me…
Would be what I need.
But I’m an expert at
Finding mindless things to do
Opposed to what I’m supposed to do.
So, maybe it’s a prison…
I need…
With a warden who orders me…
To sit…
Focus and…
Just do it!
But being that I'm not going to do something
To put me in prison…
Maybe what I need today is my egg timer and…
Some Duct tape.

Always, Em-Musing

2 comments:

Constance Phillips said...

Focus. You need to focus!

Short sprints of time, like you said. 15 minutes blocks, and reward yourself after each one with a 5 minute distraction. Before you know it you'll be working through the breaks.

Patrice Kavanaugh said...

Sometimes a change of place can work. Prison is a pretty funny idea! Starbucks works for me Especially if I don't start up the internet connection and start checking email or favorite sites/blogs