Tuesday, August 10, 2010

LOLLING AROUND

With tweezers aimed…
I asked myself…
What was I doing?
Well duh…
I was on the hunt…
For a black prickly hair…
On  my upper lip…
Wasn’t I?
No!
It was more  than…
An obsession with plucking.…
It was obsession with…
Procrastinating.
I have a project to get done…
I have bills to pay…
The project, while loving it…
Is daunting…
The bills, while I have the bucks…
Is boring.
And so I find myself mindlessly finding things to do…
Like picking tartar off my teeth…
Analyzing my pores in a magnifying mirror…
(no one should see themselves that close)
Searching on Google again for the lollipop song from the ‘50’s…
That I’m pretty sure I sang to my grandkids…
But for the life of me can’t remember.)
(And it’s not songs by the Chordettes or Millie Small)…
It’s another…
I think.
See what I  mean?
I'm procrastinating again.
Do you
Procrastinate?
Yeah? 
What is it that you do to procrastinate?

Always, Em-Musing

2 comments:

Constance Phillips said...

Procrastination -- I'm an expert at it.

Online games and google-ing "research" for a new project are my two favorite ways to put off the inevitable.

Talli Roland said...

Love this! You made my eyes tear up at the thought of plucking. Ow!