Wednesday, September 29, 2010

LET'S KING!

Guess I never thought I’d meet…
Stephen King…
At my beauty salon.
Well, I didn’t meet him literally…
I met him literarily…
In an issue of EW.
While waiting for my hairdresser…
I picked up the mag and skimmed…
And that’s when I saw an article…
Written
Not about Mr. King…
But by Mr. King.
Where in the universe has my brain been?
He's been writing a monthly column in EW for seven years!
(will have to spend some time on-line checking them out)
I haven't read all of his books
But his earlier ones used to creep me out. Loved that!
And today
The hardcover of American Vampire comes out
And all five of his contributions are in there.
(guess vampires stories aren't really dead after all)
But getting back to the article I read the other day
In this issue of EW, he talks about how some music affects him
So much so, that he jumps up in his office and dances around.
Go Stephen! Go Stephen! Go Stephen!
And music has the same effect on me too
Literally.
Brazilian music makes me jump and dance.
When I'm writing though, I listen to New Age.
When I'm editing, I listen to smooth jazz.
What kind of music affects you?
And do you dance?


Always, Em-Musing

5 comments:

Joanne said...

I love live music, seeing it created on the stage. It's good old rock & roll for me. But not when I'm writing, though. Then all's quiet while I change worlds for awhile.

Tana said...

I sometimes pick up an issue of EW just because of him! I've always felt the influence of music through his writing. I'm strongly influenced by muse-ic as well. ;)

Unknown said...

You crack me up... you literally met Stephen King... in.a.magazine

I love it!!!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

LOL! You're so cute. I love your humor. I'm glad I found your blog through Elana's fest! :D

Jill Kemerer said...

I love Stephen King's contributions to EW. They're always funny and down to earth.