Tuesday, September 21, 2010

TOY STORIES

Feeling bad…
About yesterday’s blog post.
My daughter read it and when we talked last night…
She said,  “Mom, that wasn’t very nice.”
“You mean about the weird man and his truck?”
“Yeah.”
“But you saw him too. I think he’s some kind of per–“
“Mom? Did you ever think that maybe this man once had a little girl?
Maybe the little girl died. And he was so sad that he put all of her dolls
and stuffed animals on his truck as a memorial. Maybe he rides around
all day missing her.”
After we hung up
I thought about my reaction to the weird man and his truck.
Could my daughter be right?
Why does my mind immediately go to the weird scenario?
Is it because I'm prejudice?
Because I've heard too many real news horror stories?
Or 
Is it because I'm a writer
And writers are always looking for characters, plots, and scenarios?
If you saw this man and his truck
Covered with hundreds of dirty dolls and stuffed animals…
What would crop up in your mind?

Always, Em-Musing

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hmmmm...interesting..... I know my first reaction would have been weirdo....but what your daughter said hits home. What would I do if I lost my daughter???...I'd probably lose my mind and become a weirdo....