Friday, October 8, 2010

BODY OF WAA WAA

I’m having a root canal this morning…
(Waa!)
And what immediately comes to mind is…
(at least to my mind)
The Panama Canal and the Suez Canal…
That are waterways that ships pass through.
Or…
The Erie Canal
That is a waterway
Boats used to use .
So…
Canals = waterways = a body of water right?
Well, then…
A root “canal” must involve a body of water…
And my body is made of about 60% water…
And the water in my mouth is saliva…
Which produces in mass volumes only
When I’m sitting in the dentist’s chair…
And my mouth is stretched open…
With hands and equipment jammed in it…
That causes me to feel like I need to swallow
Every half a second…
Which makes me frantic…
That I’m going to choke…
And that panics me…
Because I often choke on my own spit…
But not with my mouth numbed with novocaine!
And so…
I wonder…
Is there a Heimlich Maneuver…
For spit?
BREATH . . . BREATH . . . BREATH . . .
OK, I’m better.
So…
If I’m the queen of “putting things in perspective”…
Let me think for a moment, how I can–
Ah ha! I got it!
Here it is…
What would I rather have…
A rejection letter from my top agent of choice?
Or a root canal?
Hmm?
Well, the root canal will hurt…
But only for awhile…
While the rejection letter will…
BREATH . . . BREATH . . .  BREATH . . .
.
Always, Em-Musing

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I'd opt for the root canal over the rejection. Hope all went well ...

Talli Roland said...

I'm with Joanne! I'd go for the root canal, too. Hope you got through it okay.