Monday, November 22, 2010

CRAZY, YA SEE

Help!
I’m think I’m insane!
It’s true!
Ya see…
M head feels altered…
Like it’s in another stratosphere.
Yeah, yeah, my nose is stuffed…
My ears are plugged…
Because of my cold.
And yes, I’m taking mass OTC drugs…
But I still think I’m insane…
Ya see…
Saturday, I got another rejection from an agent.
But wait!
That’s still not why I know I’m insane…
Ya see…
The agent who rejected me…
Sent back my query with her rejection form…
(So tres green, passing the trash back for me to throw out)
But that’s still not why I think I’m insane…
Ya see…
When I looked at my query–
A@H#$C%&?
It’s the stupidest, dumbest, most idiotic query I’ve ever written.
And probably the stupidest, dumbest, most idiotic query…
The agent ever read too.
So ya see…
As I sit in my office today…
Reworking my query…
I can actually see the psychiatrist…
In the nut house sitting across from me…
Telling me…
“You’ve been in here a year and this repetitive behavior
of yours is not getting any better. I think it’s time to re-evaluate
what you’re doing. Don’t you know doing the same thing over
and over and expecting different results if the height of insanity?”
“But!” I interject. “This new query will really be different! I swear!”
And so, ya see…
I need your help…
I’m going to revise my query, yet again…
And hope for different results.
Am I crazy?

Always, Em-Musing

3 comments:

Sarah Nicolas said...

If you're query isn't garnering any interest, you should definitely revise!

I submitted mine to openquery.blogspot.com, so that's an option.

Also, have you asked your writer friends to look at it, specifically the ones who have been successful in querying?

Karen Baldwin said...

Thanks, Sarah. I'm definitely going to check out openquery.blogspot. And I have had writer friends look at it, but I'll wind up revising it still.

Anne Gallagher said...

Not for nothing, but I am kind of pretty good at queries. If you want to shoot it over to me in an email, piedmontwriter at gmail dot com. I'd be happy to take a look at it.