Thursday, January 20, 2011

PULLED ASSURE

In yesterday’s post…
I wrote about having the strength to “hang in there”…
When someone throws you a lifeline…
Literally.
But after I published the blog post…
I got to thinking about lifelines…
Regarding my pursuit to get published…
And the emotions I experience when…
I get a rejection letter from an agent…
A controversial critique…
Or am just plain frustrated and impatient.
I then realized who's always there...
Throwing me a lifeline…
Yanking me back into reality…
With encouragement, honesty, and suggestions…
And it's my friends and fellow writers in 
MVRWA.
And so…
Do you ever need a lifeline?
Who is it that rescues you?

Always, Em-Musing

4 comments:

JE said...

My beta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE GREAT AND POWERFUL BETA OF OZ, Sarah Fine!

~JD

Elena Solodow said...

My crit partner. Without fail. And chocolate.

Talli Roland said...

I'm in constant need of lifelines! Nothing brings things back into perspective like my husband! :)

Joanne said...

My daughters, ever and always. Over coffee helps too :)