Thursday, July 21, 2011

BUGABOO

If you’re a writer…
I’m sure you’ve read, as have I…
That writers should write what they know…
Well this morning…
As I’m trying to post to my blog…
What I know right now is…
I’ve been chosen!
Yes! Seems I'm the sole food source…
For every frickin’ mosquito here in Akumal!
YEEEOOOWW!!!!
At least back home in Ohio…
The mosquitoes are large enough to be seen…
And you can hear them doing their zzzzzzzz sound.
But these sneaky bastards are stealth…
You never see or hear them attacking until….
You’ve become…
ONE GIGANTIC RED ITCH!
And to make life (and my body) more interesting…
There are several varieties of itchy bites…
Like the tiny tenacious ones that last for days.
(these are usually on my knuckles or souls of my feet)
Or the quarter sized mounds of itch.
(like the one by my eye making me look like I have a shiner)
Or the half-dollar sized red patches with a small white center.
(these make me look like I have small pox)
But I can’t complain too much…
My life is simpler now…
No more do I need my day and night creams…
Or my body lotions and bronzers…
To look and feel fabulous...
All I need is...
A can of Off!

Always, Em-Musing

No comments: