Wednesday, August 31, 2011

THE LOW DOWN


Wednesday…
My heart…
Feels like it’s had the happy sucked out of it.
But…
I am a writer…
I will go into my mind and create…
Whatever I need to…
To make a new happiness today...
I can even write poetry…
(let’s not get ridiculous)
Actually…
I feel fired up to write some new chapters…
In a new novel I’ve started.
I had thought of indulging on a chocolate binge…
But eating extra calories won’t make me happier.
And I know this is just a temporary moment…
Because I know me...
I can't stand feeling sorry for myself...
I always strive for happy.
So for now, I’ll stick to coffee and writing...
And Greek yogurt with honey and cinnamon..
And a banana.
So?
Can you write when you’re feeling low?
Does your writing change?
Or do you write different things when you’re down?
Like poetry?

Always, Em-Musing

6 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

What happened? Don't tell me they rejected you in 24 hours?

I can't write when I'm blue. I usually go with the chocolate.

Jessica Bell said...

Feeling low is what gets me creative unfortunately. I guess I feel low often. But I can snap out of it at the right times. Seems to have become a skill!

Talli Roland said...

Hope you're okay! I find my writing isn't as humorous when I'm upset, but I still get the words down then jazz it up later.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Like with Jessica, I can write all sorts of poetry. My poetry muse is all ready for writ! But when it comes to writing long stories, I'm not quite sure--there was one time where I was angry and I made my characters fight. I felt better afterward, lol. ;)


♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

PM Kavanaugh said...

I eat chocolate when I'm sad. Can be hard to write. I find using my "left" brain (the emotion-less, analytical part) helps put me on an even keel. Not always easy to do, but if I have work or am trying to meet a client deadline, I can "switch" to that side and get busy!

Lydia Kang said...

I can't always write when I'm down. I usually do something different for a while.

Hope you feel better soon! That yogurt concoction would cheer me right up. :)