Wednesday, August 24, 2011

TICK TOCK NOT!


I had a bit of insomnia last night…
Which is unusual for me…
Usually, I just lay my head on the pillow and *poof* …
I’m asleep. And I stay asleep.
But not last night.
Well, I did fall asleep, but woke up at 2 A.M…
Guess it was the thunder…
But then I couldn’t fall back…
I flipped and flopped on the mattress…
Like catfish nuggets in a sizzling hot skillet.
So I thought, hmm?
Let me see if this is a good time to be inspired...
Perhaps I'll create new angles in my W.I.P.
Nada!
Not a single useful idea.
My brain doesn’t function at that hour.
The only thoughts circling my brain was:
Why does my cat always have to sleep by my head?
And…
Why does she smell like a dog?
Anyway…
I did finally fall back asleep…
And then got up again at 4:30 A.M….
My brain now in creative mode.
Obviously I’ve trained my brain…
Or it’s trained me…
That this time in the morning is my time to write.
How about you?
Do you have certain times that you write?
Or are there times when you just can’t write?

Always, Em-Musing

4 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

I very rarely push myself to write. I just do it when I feel like it. Mind you I had to push myself with the revision deadline for STring Bridge. That was REALLY hard.

Sarah said...

I don't do a lot of writing late at night. Like Jessica, I don't usually push myself to write, but I have been more lately. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Hope you get more sleep tonight!

Anne Gallagher said...

I have been known to get up at 4:30 and write, but not because it's time. I can only write after I take Monster Child to school. The house has to be quiet, no distractions. After that, nada.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

I'm like Jessica, I write when I can and I usually have the juice waiting there for me. There are times when I awake like you had with so many ideas, but I jot them down on a pad of paper in my headboard and go back to sleep.

I hope tonight is better for you.


♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!