Tuesday, October 16, 2012

WHAT'S IN YOUR SCOPE?



There’s just something sexy…
About seeing a guy in fatigues…
With an automatic rifle…
In Wal-Mart.
OK, OK….
Perhaps being attracted …
To an assault weapon is over the top…
But there really were two Mexican marines…
With M16’s slung across their shoulders…
In line ahead of me at Wal-Mart...
And they looked hot.
What can I say?
Am I bad?
And what about you?
When it comes to the opposite (or same) sex…
What pulls your trigger?
And do any of your novels include weapons?
What kind?
Any of them sexy?

Em-Musing
P.S. There’s a marine base close to where I live.
      They patrol the waters. Makes me feel safe.

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My books are about space battles so there are weapons galore!
I'm a military brat so used to seeing people in fatigues. Although not with M16's in WalMart.
And my wife could dress in just about anything and be sexy.

Sarah said...

I don't do much with guns, but my characters are often extremely handy with a knife. Also, their bare hands.

I always find it startling when I see anyone sporting an automatic weapon in public (like at foreign airports and such)! If it was in a Wal-Mart? Yipes. What were they purchasing?

Karen Baldwin said...

They were buying takeout lunch and snacks. No bullets.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Most of the AF guys I see are dressed in baggy fatigues. Not all that sexy.

Sleeveless t-shirts (not tank tops) do it for me.

Adam said...

As in everyday clothing, I do like seeing women dress like ladies. T-shirts and jeans look fine, but people always trade comfort for looks.

Peaches Ledwidge said...

I love arms--well not the weapons that hurt. The muscular ones that hang from the shoulders.

Jennifer Shirk said...

LOL!! I do like a guy in uniform for some reason. Doesn't matter the uniform. :)

Intangible Hearts said...

Hmmm. I think Clint could have used any weapon on the planet and my pacifistic tendencies usually flew out the window.
I actually have the word gun and revolver in my manuscript but the bad guy is pointing it and he's stinky and gross.

Linda Gray said...

I know what you mean, Leigh! There's something about that -- just saw similar men patrolling the train station in Marseilles. I feel conflicted about being attracted to that, which just makes it more attractive!?!!

Linda Gray said...

I know what you mean, Leigh! There's something about that -- just saw similar men patrolling the train station in Marseilles. I feel conflicted about being attracted to that, which just makes it more attractive!?!!