Tuesday, April 15, 2014

LUNAR SANDING

5 a.m.
I just got home…
From a private beach on a bay.
I’d been there since midnight…
With my feet in the Caribbean…
The waves lapping at my ankles…
The white sand in front of me…
Coconut palm trees lining the beach…
Their fronds swaying to the warm Trade Winds…
And a canopy of stars overhead…
Punctuated by the lunar eclipse…


All I can say is…
I am humbled.
This earth…
This universe…
Are magnificent.
I am grateful…
For being alive...
And being here.
So?
Did you see the lunar eclipse?

Always,

Em-Musing
P.S. Awww. the photo didn't come through...
and I'm too tired right now to fuss with it.



3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry about the photo.
Glad you got to enjoy the eclipse. We have rain. Probably won't see it.

Adam said...

I tried to see it but stupid clouds were in the way.

farawayeyes said...

I did see it, but from the high Sierras. Man, I miss the Caribbean.